Monday, June 24, 2013

today i drank the water.

We had our staff meeting this morning at about ten. Lo and Po and I walked (read: jogged) to the HiperSeis this morning to go and get all the fried chicken for the Somerset team's lunch today, as well as the Tartes for their lunch tomorrow. I bought two liters of milk, which is incredible here. They sell milk in sealed cardboard boxes, by the liter, and it's whole. I don't know that there's a kind that isn't whole. It's not even Vitamin D Milk with the red cap that only your 50 year old uncle drinks because his wife can't convince him that skim tastes better (because that's not true, duh). It's like cream floating on the top, makes your coffee thicker, and you probably shouldn't have it with your cereal every morning whole. So. Good. 
So we got all of our things from the HiperSeis and then took a bus to the church so we could make sandwiches out of the fried chicken. We assembled thirty chicken sandwiches with mayonnaise and fresh cut pan felipe in less than ten minutes, packed them in baggies, sliced up probably 10 oranges and cleaned up after ourselves, all before the staff meeting. 
John read 1 Corinthians 13:1-8, but he read it more slowly than I think I have ever heard it read. It was so slow that I actually had a chance to process each one before he read the next one. At first, for each one, I was thinking of ways that other people in my life didn't do it well or didn't live up to the standards, but once he read, "keeps no record of wrongs," I was stuck. It was no longer everyone else's turn.
He apologized for ways that he'd talked about some people in the church in the past among the leadership (no person I knew, and no situation of which I'd heard) and called us all to a higher standard of speech. We prayed for a little while after that, and then talked logistics for about an hour and a half. After we got the week nailed down, Lo and Po and I carried Somerset's food out to John's car and he went to drop it off for them, while the three of us caught a bus home. I have seriously been sitting here in my dining room, since lunch, catching up on blog posts.

Also, we have no drinking water. So today I am drinking the tap water. Also, my coffee was made with the tap water. So we shall see what comes of that. (:
It is getting increasingly more and more difficult to write these posts in English. I know that there are quite a few of you who could still understand me if I mixed in Spanish here and there where I could no longer think of my English words, but I don't want to be rude to the rest of you. Because I like you! (: So. 
I think I shall go lay in my bed for a little while, and re-heat my coffee. WHICH, by the way, is made with whole cream instead of that powdery corn starch stuff. Po and I have made a grand discovery. Whole cream instead of milk/powder in tea and coffee. WAHHHHH! It's SO good. 
I think that is all for today. (: Tonight I am going to Lisa Sappia's house to compile the pictures from Oansa into a video, and then I am coming home and going to bed. Pretty nice as far as Mondays go.

No comments:

Post a Comment